EMailMinistry

[E-Mail Ministry] Prints of Elbows On My Bed - E-Mail Ministry E-Mail Ministry Sun Aug 13 14:50:54 2006

The following is an E-Mail Ministry message.  If you are not already a
subscriber and would like to be, please see the bottom of this message.
UNSUBSCRIBE and CHANGE OF ADDRESS information at the end of this e-mail.

<><     <><     <><     <><     <><     <><     <><     <><     <><

PRINTS OF ELBOWS ON MY BED

I was but a youth and thoughtless,
As all youths are apt to be;
Though I had a Christian mother
Who had taught me carefully.

There came a time when pleasure
Of the world came to allure,
And I no more sought the guidance
Of her love so good and pure.

Her tender admonitions fell
But lightly on my ear,
And for the gentle warnings
I felt an inward sneer.

But Mother would not yield her boy
To Satan's sinful sway,
And though I spurned her counsel
She knew a better way.

She made my room an altar,
A place of secret prayer,
And there she took her burden
And left it in His care.

And morning, noon and evening
By that humble bedside low,
She sought the aid of Him who
Understands a mother's woe.

And I went my way unheeding,
Careless of the life I led,
Until one day I noticed
Prints of elbows on my bed.

Then I saw that she had been there
Praying for her wayward boy,
Who for love of worldly pleasure
Would her peace of mind destroy.

Long the conflict raged within me,
Sin against my Mother's prayers,
Sin must yield - for Mother never
While she daily met Him there.

And her constant love and patience
Were like coals upon my head,
Together with the imprints
Of her elbows on my bed.

And so at last the fight was won,
And I to Christ was led,
And Mother's prayers were answered
By her elbows on my bed.

-- Author Unknown

<><     <><     <><     <><     <><     <><     <><     <><     <><

To learn more about E-Mail Ministry and read previous messages, visit
our web site at: http://www.emailministry.org

HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE?  Send a blank e-mail to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
or go to: http://www.emailministry.org/subscribe.asp
Messages are sent out on Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays.
Subscribe now, it's FREE!

SUPPORT E-MAIL MINISTRY
E-Mail Ministry is solely supported by its subscribers.  To make a
financial contribution, go to: http://www.emailministry.org/donate.asp
E-Mail Ministry is a U.S. 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

HOW DO I SUBMIT A MESSAGE FOR E-MAIL MINISTRY?  Send it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

HOW DO I UNSUBSCRIBE?  If you are a subscriber, send a blank e-mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
or go to: http://www.emailministry.org/unsubscribe.asp
If this message was forwarded to you from another person, please notify
them that you are not interested in receiving any further messages.

To CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS:  UNSUBSCRIBE from the old e-mail address
and SUBSCRIBE from the new e-mail address or go to:
http://www.emailministry.org/updateEmail.asp

LEGAL STUFF:  E-Mail Ministry and its sponsor run this message as
submitted and do not claim to own any copyright privileges on it.  The
work was submitted to us as an item for distribution, and it was posted
solely on the basis of its quality.  It is the belief of E-Mail Ministry
and its sponsors that this message is in the common domain.

"E-Mail Ministry" is a trademark of E-Mail Ministry, Inc.

-- The Staff of E-Mail Ministry
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    http://www.emailministry.org

Yahoo! Groups Links