Minolta

RE: [Minolta] Kodachrome goes away Rick Jack Thu Jun 25 07:00:36 2009

Chuck,
  I honestly don't know, I don't think it's possible in the camera. But it is
in photoshop and there is some great B&W software available to duplicate
anything that was possible in a darkroom with any kind of film.
Rick

--- On Wed, 6/24/09, Chuck Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Chuck Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [Minolta] Kodachrome goes away
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 3:05 AM

Is there an in-camera way to get a some/any DSLR to have a nearly straight up
B&W gamma curve like Kodak High Contrast Copy film
has/had ??

Maybe not because of the light physics needed in the sensor to avoid saturation
effects and actually have a gamma slope instead of
an on/off black or white exposure.  This high contrast gamma curve is very
useful when photographing like the full moon and trying
to get some crater contrast where the brightness differences are very very
small.

Might be possible to make the effect using a computer-controlled astro CCD that
permits both exposure control but probably not
possible with hobbyist DSLRs, and certainly not with a DSLR sensor made to also
do movie stuff.

Chuck