Nikon-D80

Re: [Nikon-D80] Re: D80 delivered today - Shutter Acuations CLopez Wed Jun 24 10:01:36 2009

Thanks everyone - my D80 is still relatviely new or lightly use to put in
proper perspective - I bought it April of last year but since I am a casual
user, I rarely put it into use - I suspect I am still under 1000 of shutter
actuations, thus my curiosity of checking the actual count.

Regards

Luis aka Chito aka VA3TCL (my HAM callsign)

--- On Wed, 6/24/09, Sean Donnelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Sean Donnelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Nikon-D80] Re: D80 delivered today - Shutter Acuations
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

There are a couple of small programs I know of that will show you the number of
actuations, but oddly only sometimes. I can't figure out why there is no
consistency to it. I am guessing that some method of transfer, editing or both
clears that data. I see the information rarely for either camera body.

Unfortunately, the program I use for Mac, does not read .NEF files. If it did
perhaps I would see more consistency in the appearance of the shutter
actuations field.

The two programs I know of are as follows...

Mac - Exif Viewer: http://homepage. mac.com/aozer/ EV/index. html

Windows: Opanda IExif: http://www.opanda. com/en/iexif/ index.html

I am sure there are others out there.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com, "Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] ..> wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere that there is a small program you can download
> that can let you know how many on a camera. But for the life of me, I can
> remember where now. Maybe someone else in here might know.
>
> Robert

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8.
Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at
http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/