NikonD100_D200

Re: [Nikon D100 D200] Batch EXIF Reader Hayo Baan Tue Aug 14 06:00:54 2007

on 11/08/2007 05:05 D Marcotte said the following:
> When I used to shoot film, I kept a photo log. Every once in a while I would
> percentage of the time. I want to do a similarthing but in this case I want
> to know which lens rather than a specific focal length. I only shoot 8-10K
> images a year so its not a huge number that I'd like to search among at any
> given time. The EXIF Readers that I've been able to find do not provide a
> batch function to search for a specific alphanumeric string. They just
> report the segments of EXIF the program is designed to check. My programming
> days are long gone so I'm not about to write some script in some obscure
> language (anybody remember COBOL <G>?). I'm hoping there is some product out
> there which will do I want. Any suggestions where to look? I Googled and
> didn't find anything but I may not have used the right search arguments.

If you're not afraid of the command-line, the best tool to use would be
exiftool by phil harvey: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

With it you can extract any EXIF information you want, and in the format
you want as well so you could cater for your requirement as well.

Hope this helps,

--
Hayo Baan – http://www.xs4all.nl/~hrbaan

<*> Your email settings: