NikonD100_D200

Re: [Nikon D100 D200] Batch EXIF Reader Hayo Baan Tue Aug 14 06:01:44 2007

on 12/08/2007 17:11 D Marcotte said the following:
>>> Thx Hayo. Looks like a winner. I had already downloaded Perl from
>>> Active(something) and was going to try to find instructions on how to
>>> use it. Roy provided a script that I was hoping to modify for NEFs.
>>>

>> Assuming you're on a PC: you actually don't necessarily need Perl; Phil
>> also has a precompiled executable file ready. On the other hand, being
>> able to look through the Perl-code is fun too :-)
>>

> Hayo - I saw both implementations and downloaded them both. Around
> midnight last night, after my brain had gone to bed, I tried EXIFtool.
> I was doing something incorrectly and decided to wait till this
> morning. In a few minutes I'll try again.
>
> I don't think I "installed" Perl. I created the libraries a couple of
> days ago but don't remember doing anything like a Setup. I'm going to
> try the executable version today.
> When I typed in Perl c:\windows\exiftool.pl, all I got was the command
> line parameters listed in detail (scrolling one line at a time when I
> hit Enter). I guess I had better reread the docs that came with it.

Don,
If you run exiftool.pl and it doesn't tell you it can't run the program,
it means you /HAVE/ installed Perl!
Anyway, it is supposed to act like this; without any arguments it will
show you how to use the program. Try it with a image file and it will
show you almost all EXIF information. To only get the fields you want,
use exiftool.pl -<fieldname>
There are also a few options that help you with importing the data into
a spreadsheet. Read through the documentation a bit and you'll find out
there's a lot more to exiftool than just showing file-info :-)

HTH,
--
Hayo Baan – http://www.xs4all.nl/~hrbaan

<*> Your email settings: