Professional-PHP

[Pro. PHP Dev.] MAIL FROM Error response - Help? ashore Mon Jun 22 04:00:30 2009

Folks, I'm using a script that's getting through to the remote SMTP
login OK, but is returning a   "550 5.7.1 Use fully qualified domain
name" complaint in the response to the MAIL FROM: command.

The value I'm using looks perfectly valid to me, and resembles
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Can anyone give me an idea of what situation generates noted error
response?  Thanks, all.