Supertraining

[Supertraining] Re: Exercise and Metabolism sambretatc Thu Jun 25 09:01:18 2009

I am sure it has already been suggested, but, continuous "aerobic" exercise
typically has little EPOC at moderate levels.  There needs to be some form of
"supramaximal" resistance interval.  Or, why not perform a bout of intense
circuit training and compare the EPOC levels?

It seems to me that even though a calorie burned is a calorie burned, we don't
always burn calories from fat.  I don't have the studies handy, but I do know
there have been high intensity studies comparing results with cardiovascular
training, like the aforementioned, and found the high intensity group burned
less calories overall but had greater reductions in body fat.

Sorry for my brevity.

Sam Bretatc LAT, CSCS
Lees Summit,MO, USA