automator-users

Re: Drag and drop droplets in workflows Robert Croy Thu May 14 09:01:46 2009

I have an automator app used as a folder action to convert flash videos to Quicktime movies to view on the iphone.

I saved the workflow as an app and then put it in ~/Library/Workflows/ Applications/Folder Actions. The first time you run it an applescript is created that will launch the workflow. Automator workflows need this script to work as a folder action.

There is a folder action called Wait for Finder Items, you can buy it from Automated Workflows. With this action you can have the workflow wait and check to see if a files has finished downloading before it is processed.