cocos2d-iphone-discuss

[cocos2d-iphone] Wormies video allenfjordan Mon Jun 15 02:00:36 2009

Hello cocos2d folks.  I'm nearing completion of my first iPhone game
Wormies, and made a gameplay video to show off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk0GJiOjOHI

The video is pretty poor quality on youtube... I'm a newb at video
conversions.  I'm using cocos2d 0.7.3, with CocosDenshion r998.  The
gameplay centers around raising a population of worms and controlling
their evolution to make them strong and fast.  As they get stronger
their size increases, and as they get faster they become more colorful
(currently they become more green, but I'll make it configurable
sometime in the future).  When two worms intersect, there is a certain
probability of mating (which also increases as they evolve), which
creates child worms at least as strong as the weaker parent, plus some
random attribute increases.  Since the weaker parent affects child
strength, it is a good idea to squish smaller/greyer worms to weed out
the population for speedy evolution.  Occasionally predators will come
and try to eat the worms.  If worms are stronger than the predator,
they can survive.  Otherwise, you can swim away (making use of the
worm's speed) to dodge the attack.

Please let me know what you think, or if you have any technical
questions.  I'm hoping to finish and submit the game within the next
week.  It still needs a fancier title screen, some help information
(currently the menu option does nothing), and a better looking pause
menu.

-Allen Jordan
Did you read the cocos2d documentation? http://tinyurl.com/b8cqm3
Please, read it before asking for help. Probably your answer is there.