cocos2d-iphone-discuss

[cocos2d-iphone] Re: Found a very interresting tool for thoses doing accelerometer based games. Keith Peters Mon Jun 15 04:02:50 2009

I think you're missing the point of this app. It's (obviously) not for
people who don't have iPhones. There are at least a couple of reasons
why it's useful:

1. Testing on the device takes a LOT longer to compile, transfer to
device and launch than testing in the simulator. If you are in a phase
where you are doing a lot of compiling and testing, doing it on the
device can really slow you down. This allows you to test quickly in
the simulator yet still use your accelerometer features.

2. Demo videos. Say you want to video your app in use. You have two
main choices: screen capture the simulator, or take a camera video of
your phone itself. A program like this allows you to do a screen
capture video while still demonstrating accelerometer features.

Keith

On Jun 14, 2009, at 8:40 AM, ZeFiR wrote:

> Bad idea. You can test your real project on your iPhone. So, if you
> don't have iPhone, you still can't test accelerometer in Simulator
>> _<
>
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Sebastien F.<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Damned, here is the link to the project:
>> http://code.google.com/p/accelerometer-simulator/wiki/Home
>>
>> On 14 juin, 14:26, Fraggle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just find out (may be old news) a very clever tool that allow
>>> you to
>>> basically use your iphone as an input device while running your game
>>> in the simulator.
>>> The project page is here:
>>> And I also added some suggestions that could be added if Apple
>>> picked
>>> up the project officially if by any chance someone knows someone
>>> that
>>> knows someone that could get the word out to
>>> Apple:http://fraggle.squarespace.com/blog/2009/6/14/doing-game-using-accele
>>>
>>> Enjoy your week end :)
>>>
>>> Sebastien
>>>

> --
> С уважением, Денис.
> maillto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://vkontakte.ru/id9188997

Did you read the cocos2d documentation? http://tinyurl.com/b8cqm3
Please, read it before asking for help. Probably your answer is there.