emc-users

Re: [Emc-users] Using MDI during a Program? Steve Blackmore Mon Jun 22 06:00:37 2009

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 17:14:35 -0700, you wrote:

>On Sat Jun 20 18:21 , Steve Blackmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:
>>It's a major drawback that one. Other controllers I'm aware of allow it.
>
>I have had this ability on machines and only used it once or twice
>I wouldnt call that a major drawback.

Why did you use it?

>Well thought out programs shouldnt need to be stopped.

Agreed - but crap never happen to you? I wish I was that lucky :)

>>As it stands EMC is designed for those who use tooltables and tool
>>holders.

>90% of the world uses tooltables

Yes - so do I on my lathe, but both my mill and router use collets.
Absolutely useless there.

>>consequence of that severe limitation is, it doesn't cater for easy tool
>>wear adjustment or replacement.
>
>Tool tables will allow you to adjust for wear.

EMC tooltables don't have wear offset values?

In turn, mid job, I click Feed hold, jog out of the way, measure the
stock.

Look what the dro reads, press tooltable, press wear offset, enter
difference in values determined in first step

Return to cycle screen, press cycle start and carry on for another x
hundred parts.

Much quicker to do than type it.

How do you do that in EMC??

Steve Blackmore