fetchmail-friends

[fetchmail]Multidrop fetchmail bouncing non-existing local addresses Andy Hawkins Sat Sep 02 16:52:12 2006

Hi,

I have fetchmail 6.2.15 running on the latest stable Debian (3.1). I
have the following in my config file:

set bouncemail
poll xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
       protocol pop3
       envelope 1 "Delivered-To"
       qvirtual "45-"
       localdomains xxx.xxx.xxx
       username [EMAIL PROTECTED] password "xxxxxx" is * here
       nokeep smtpaddress yyy.yyy.yyy

In this example, the domain of the mailbox being checked is listed as
a local domain as far as exim is concerned.

If I use this config in daemon mode, and send a mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], then it gets delivered (via the postmaster
address of [EMAIL PROTECTED]). If I then stop the daemon, send a
mail to the same address and run fetchmail manually from a shell
prompt, the mail is bounced.

Ideally I want mail to non-existant users to bounce (they're generally
spam). Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Andy