fetchmail-friends

Re: [fetchmail]mail forward between ISPs James Knott Sun Sep 24 15:44:20 2006

James Knott wrote:
Picio wrote:
Hello,
I need to configure a script or an application that takes my mail from
one remote ISP account and send everything to another remote account.
This is because my ISP block me when I try to download my mail from
other providers.
I know that fetchmail can help but I don't know how to configure It.
Maybe I have to do a Pipe between fetchmail and smtpclient timely
based with a cron job?

Some ISPs can be configured to forward mail to another mailbox.

I can understand why an ISP would block sending mail via another ISP, but I've never heard of one blocking receiving mail.

I forgot to mention, these messages are sent via my ISP, even though I`m located on another ISPs network. My ISP provides an alternate SMTP port, for use when off network.