fink-users

[Fink-users] Installing dbus Fails Emily Jackson Mon Jun 22 01:02:59 2009

When I tried to install the latest version of dbus, I got the following
message:

Unpacking replacement dbus ...
Preparing to replace dbus-shlibs 1.2.6-1 (using .../dbus-
shlibs_1.2.12-10_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement dbus-shlibs ...
Preparing to replace dbus-dev 1.2.6-1 (using .../dbus-
dev_1.2.12-10_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement dbus-dev ...
Setting up dbus-shlibs (1.2.12-10) ...

Setting up dbus-dev (1.2.12-10) ...
Setting up dbus (1.2.12-10) ...

Reading buildlock packages...
Could not resolve inconsistent dependencies!

Fink isn't sure how to install the above packages safely. You may be able to
fix things by running:

  fink scanpackages
  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get install dbus-dev=1.2.6-1

I performed the first 2 steps above, and then when I tried the third
step, I got the following error:

sudo apt-get install dbus-dev=1.2.6-1
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  dbus-dev: Depends: dbus-shlibs (= 1.2.6-1) but 1.2.12-10 is to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

(I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11.)

Thanks,

Emily