freebsd-hardware

Re: Highpoint RR1520? Dean Hamstead Wed May 20 17:00:21 2009

its worth benchmarking for yourself and seeing if your 64bit powerhouse can outperform the raid cpu.

most of the time you will see soft raid doign better

Dean

Gary D. Margiotta wrote:
I have used several of these cards under FreeBSD.  They are not hardware
raid cards, they do not have dedicated processors on them.

However, they work just fine, and you can set the raid up in the card's
bios, and freebsd will recognize the disk as a single unit.  However, I
don't bother, I use gmirror, it's all about the same at that point.  I
don't remember off the top of my head which driver it uses, but I didn't
need to add anything.

-Gary

Ivan Voras wrote:
hi,

Is the product described at:

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/rr1520.htm

a "real" (not soft-) RAID? Is it supported by hptrr? (judging by the man
page and a quick glance at the code, it doesn't look like it is)

http://fragfest.com.au