freebsd-java

Re: allow java/openjdk6 port to use itself or jdk16 as bootstrap jdks Benno Overeinder Tue Jun 09 03:00:37 2009

Hi,

On 5/10/09 11:07 PM, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> Currently, the java/openjdk6 port will only use diablo-jdk1.6.0
> to boostrap itself. This patch will allow it to use a currently
> installed java/openjdk6 port or a java/jdk16 port as bootstrap
> jdks in preference to diablo-jdk.
>
> The patch is liberally adapted from the java/jdk16 Makefile.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work on our FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE system (I
haven't checked this with a FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE install yet).

The first compile/bootstrap of openjdk6 using the Diablo javac compiler
is fine.  Afterwards, I wanted to reinstall with other options, that is,
with and without IPv6 for testing purposes.  This failed (repetitively,
also after make clean) when the OpenJDK javac compiler was put to use, e.g.

# Running javac:
/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.6.0/bin/java -client -Xmx896m -Xms128m
-XX:PermSize=32m -XX:MaxPermSize=160m
-Xbootclasspath/p:/usr/ports/java/openjdk6/work/build/bsd-i586/langtools/dist/bootstrap/lib/javac.jar

When I remove the /usr/local/openjdk6 directory, the openjdk6 port
reinstalls without any problems, but using the Diablo javac compiler though.

I can post the compile errors if someone wants to dive into this to
figure out what is going wrong.

Best,

-- Benno Overeinder

--