freebsd-x11

Re: Fw: X does not want to start Robert Noland Fri Jun 26 10:00:32 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 16:40 +0200, Stevan Tiefert wrote:
> > I have no xorg.conf created. The X-Server is configuring himself.
> Here is
> > the /var/log/Xorg.0.log:

I generally do not recommend running without a config...  If it works
great, but can expose problems with your installed drivers, since it
tries to load everything it can find.  It also means that you can't set
any options and depending on which driver you are using, some of them
are needed.

Please try running X -configure and installing the resulting config
in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>