habari-dev

[habari-dev] Re: Habari Extras plugins svn Michael C. Harris Thu Jun 25 02:00:38 2009

2009/6/25 Ali B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Michael Bishop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Again, this is where we differ.  I don't understand why trunk wouldn't
>> be used for current development.  Sure, one might create a branch for
>> something extremely ambitious (again, same as we do with core, think
>> Monolith), but it would be merged back to trunk once deemed ready, not
>> tagged from there.
>
> Contiuning from my answer on the previous quesion: What if, within the
> intial release of the plugin (plugin version 0.1), you wanted to have a
> version that is compatible with Habari 0.7? You create a branch from the
> trunk for Habari 0.7 support and make the plugin compatible with 0.7. You
> tag it 0.7-0.1. When you want to add the cool feature or fix the nasty bug
> on the 0.7 "edition" of the plugin, you commit your change and tag that
> branch 0.7.

Why not have trunk compatible with 0.7 and tag from there ? Fixes for
nasty bugs can be committed to trunk and merged to the 0.6 branch.

--
Michael C. Harris, School of CS&IT, RMIT University
http://twofishcreative.com/michael/blog