help-libidn

Re: [bug-gnu-libiconv] Re: Libidn 1.13 test tst_toutf8 fails on Solaris 8 Sparc w/Sun Studio 11 Bruno Haible Wed Mar 25 05:01:06 2009

Hi Dagobert,

> It looks like the usual 646 / ASCII problem on Solaris:
>
> build8s% ./tst_toutf8 -v
> PASS: stringprep_locale_charset == 646
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./tst_toutf8 -v

Yes, according to the source code [1] the result of nl_langinfo(CODESET) is
being used as an argument to iconv_open, and this does not work well in the
GNU libiconv versions released so far.

> Bruno, I guess this will be fixed with the special build-in for Solaris
> in the next libiconv-release we talked about some month ago?

Yes it will. Simon, for reference, the thread is in [2].

Bruno

[1]
http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=de#XR0CgL_6lJ8/libidn-0.1.13/toutf8.c&q=stringprep_locale_to_utf8
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-libiconv/2008-04/msg00003.html