Canon-10D@yahoogroups.com

Re: [Canon-10D] Lens no Focus Tom Tue Apr 03 08:02:37 2012

Another possibility that can explain intermittent focus problems is dirty
contacts between the lens and camera. I've fixed a similar problem by cleaning
the contacts with a drop of contact cleaning solution. Put it on a cotton swab
and then lightly clean the contacts on the back of the lens, and on the camera.

I use CE-1 contact cleaner available from NAPA auto parts stores. It is very
expensive but the tiny container lasts forever. A less expensive option is Caig
DeOxit.

In any case don't pour or spray the stuff on. Just slightly dampen a cotton
swab
and clean the contacts with it.

Tom