Canon-350D@yahoogroups.com

[Canon-350D] Re: Auto Focus Trouble c_clapper Tue Mar 04 12:05:12 2008

If your subject does not have a lot of contrast in it, it could be
that the autofocus cannot determine what to focus on.

I have noticed this problem when taking photos of water and also of my
horse. He is a bay (brown) and I almost always have to manual focus,
because if I shoot on say his face, which is all brown, the camera
ends up focusing on the fence behind him or something other than him.