Canon20D@yahoogroups.com

RE: [CanonDigital SLRs] M$ Raw image viewer Henry Heerschap Thu Nov 15 00:05:15 2007

Colin,
I don't know why you're getting that error. Now that I've installed the
Arcsoft viewer, I wouldn't even bother with the Microsoft one. It's an a
unsupported "power toy" that looks to have been largely abandoned.

The Arcsoft viewer works the same way the MS viewer is supposed to: Open up
a folder of RAW images in Explorer. Change the View to Thumbnails. The CR2
files should be instantly rendered as small thumbnails.

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Colin Spencer
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 8:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [CanonDigital SLRs] M$ Raw image viewer

Following this thread I downloaded the raw image viewer and tried to install
it on my PC. I keep on getting error 1904. It installed perfectly on my
wife's PC. Both the same spec with the latest Windows updates. Anyone got
any bright ideas, Google hasn't?

Also what is the Arcsoft viewer supposed to do? Does it integrate with the
o/s? After no luck with the M$ one I tried this it installs without errors
but I can't see how to get it to view my 20D raw images.

TIA

Colin