DVD_Recorders@yahoogroups.com

[DVD_Recorders] DVD With Thumbnails? Al Bigley Fri Oct 13 00:01:34 2006

Hi everyone! I have a DVD dubbing question maybe someone here can
answer-

  I only have basic problem-

I have a video-to DVD recorder that I can record onto from tapes. I
want my DVDs to have thumbnail menus and do some editing, and my
machine needs to use DVD-RWs for this. That works fine untill I try
to use the DVD-RW here on my Mac (with Toast) for either burning or
showing. It says it's "not supported." I tried to take the contents
of the DVD-RW and burn them to a DVD-R(the type of recordable disk
which show on all players) , and could do that, but got the same
message. Just won't play on anything but the video-to-DVD recorder.

The problem is-ONLY the DVD-RW disks allow me to make the chapter
thumbnails, etc...All I can do with more widely-acceptable DVD-R
disks are basic recording on my recorder. No thumbnails or real
editing....

I've heard maybe I'm using an off-brand DVD-RW? Maybe I should buy a
better grade and see what happens?

I've also tried not finalizing after recording, etc..No good.

Any help you can give would be great!

I also think it may be the format. My DVD recorder says you have to
use the "VR mode" on a DVD-RW to get the editing going for thumbnails
and such....I think it's the stuff recorded in that mode that won't
read on my Mac or "regular" DVD players.

I also burned the contents off one DVD-R, put them(using Toast) on a
DVD-RW, and THAT played fine! So, it must be the mode I recorded onto
the DVD-RW that is the problem?

Hmmmm...

Thank you!

Al