E30@yahoogroups.com

[E30Group] Coolant bleed and engine noise rosstwaits Wed Feb 15 18:01:04 2012

I'm pretty sure the thermostat is opening as the bleed screw is on the other
side of the block and steam and hot water comes out.

Car is at a barn so I usually only work on weekends.

This is how I understand it; the valve defaults to an open position without
power. But I checked for the click on our winter E30 and did hear it so I know
what to listen for.

Since there was sludge from the blown head, wondering if I could have a partial
blockage still and it creates an air pocket ? Or jams the valve? Would this
create the gurgling I hear from the pump to thermostat?

Finally.... In the video I posted, does anyone suspect rod knock? Or is it just
more valve train?

Thanks all.
Ross
-----Original Message-----
From: Allister Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:23:54
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [E30Group] Re: Coolant mixture

thermostat not openin?, i think all the hoses should be hot once it
opens, a new heater core does wonders! .You can hear the switch
mentioned with your head down in the location, turning the heat blend
knob on and off produces a small click. It is an on off switch valve...
just over half on the guage sounds a bit hot but thats perhaps  a non
issue at this point. i guess at this point you could even have the
hoses backwards?? my free 2 cents)