E30@yahoogroups.com

[E30Group] 1990 Saloon indicator switch, steering wheel removal hillmanie Mon Feb 20 06:00:48 2012

Hi all
Faced with the prospect  of yet again tearing down the under-dash covers on my
1990 E30 to replace the flasher/indicztor switch, I first have to remove the
steering wheel.  Last time it wasn't a problem as that E30 was an '89 model
with the twin horn pushes set in the spokes of the steering whrel and the
centre boss  being soid.  No bother to prise out the BMW motif disc to get
access to the nut. Wheel came off without a puller too.  My '90 is a different
wheel with the horn push in the centre, also with a BMW badge. The badge looks
like a different kettle of fish , thinner and harder to get a blade under
without damage etc and I'm wondering if anyone has removed  this type of wheel
and if you could advise me before I plunge in.  Many thanks
TT