Loading...

Gmail-Users@googlegroups.com

[Prev] Thread [Next]  |  [Prev] Date [Next]

Re: [Gmail-Users] Quick Links Zack (Doc) Tue Feb 14 04:01:49 2012

I disagree. There are other options/answers.  #1, make sure you've
complained about it in the proper way to make sure the lab "owner" is
aware, and they can look into why it is only affecting a small group of
people (just you in the context of our group could be 5% of all GMail
users, the rest just aren't here).

#2, as I stated, if you use keyboard shortcuts, I use "GL" then the label
I'm headed to, which actually includes quicklink definitions I've given
them.  It also uses autocomplete, so you don't have to type the whole
label; and it works great for sub-labels.

Another idea, because sub-labels are a bit complex, have you tried
re-naming them to something simple like A/AA/AAA... there might be a
character you have in the top level, or next level, which is causing this
problem.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 23:22, Robert E. Carneal <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> *Yep.   And I am willing to buy the idea it *IS* just me.  But the answer
> seems to be to remove folders and put all of them at the top level. I
> surely was hoping it would be otherwise.  Thanks.*
> *
> *
> *Robert
> *
>
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Zack (Doc) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I do use Quick links, and the new look (I'm not holding onto the idea
>> that it will always be an option), and have one set of sub-labels.
>>
>> I don't normally quick-link my labels because they are all listed there
>> that I might want and/or I use the keyboard shortcut "GL" and type the
>> label name I want to go to.  But for this thread I did it.  It worked
>> correctly for me.  I bookmarked a sub-label, and returned to it after
>> visiting several other labels.
>>
>> Sorry, Robert, it seems to be just you.  Have you tried disabling and
>> re-enabling the lab?
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 19:42, Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 16:20, Robert  E. Carneal
>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> > cleared cache and deleted cookies.  No good. I ended up putting every
>>> folder
>>> > at the top level.
>>>
>>> Hmm, I haven't been using Quick Links for the purpose you did, but I
>>> just tried adding one for a sub-label.  It worked for me!
>>>
>>> But I am still (and hopefully forever!) using Gmail's "old" look.
>>>
>>> >  I don't have anymore folders and sub-folders, and again
>>> > another sub-folder anymore.  Gmail may have stopped that for some
>>> reason.
>>>
>>> Gmail still supports sub-labels (sub-folders), of course.
>>>
>>> But maybe something broke in the Quick Links implementation.  As I
>>> said, it is a Gmail Lab so it is not fully supported and oddities can
>>> happen.  If so, with luck it will be fixed, if people like you give
>>> them feedback.  (Hint: This email forum is not feedback to anyone at
>>> Google.)
>>
>>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Gmail-Users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/gmail-users?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Gmail-Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/gmail-users?hl=en.