Gmail-Users@googlegroups.com

Re: [Gmail-Users] Gmail sends off messages before they are completed Hilmy Hasanuddin Tue Feb 14 20:00:26 2012

I do too agree with Rebootagain.
And I also agree with Zack.
The tab button is in right order.
This is electronic mail. It is supposed to be zip.
Once finishing typing the contents, I believe I would want to hit the send
button right away without having more thought.
There you go, the job is finished. Let's do another thing.

Believe me, when the email is to be waited 1 or 2 minutes after hit the send
key, we tend to wonder, why email have to wait just to hit the undo. Is it
arrived yet. What if the system had a glitch so it would have been delivered 10
minutes or hours. It's just aroused too many question. I believe it's us who
have to workarround it. And, I believe we have found the answer using the
rebootagain's solution.
-----Original Message-----
From: Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:27:59
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Gmail-Users] Gmail sends off messages before they are completed

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 22:53, RebootAgain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Having made this mistake myself before the Undo Send feature became
> available (which is excellent), I used to avoid this mistake by leaving the
> To: field blank until I was ready to actually send the message.

That is an excellent suggestion!

I do something similar, but with the same effect.  I often send emails
to multiple recipients (two to five), and I like to fill them in at
the start, before I forget.  Then I add one more recipient within the
To: field, something like "qqqqqqqqqqq", which I am certain I don't
have in my Contacts list.  Then, if I should accidentally hit the Send
button (or do anything else that causes it to send), Gmail will
complain about that address and refuse to send it until I fix it.
This works even if my computer crashes or goes haywire and I am unable
to use Undo Send.

I did see my computer lock up on me once and send an email I was
composing to hundreds of unintended recipients, and I couldn't stop
it.  I had to do a lot of explaining.  This happened years ago, using
Microsoft Outlook at work.

"Undo Send" does have one big disadvantage I don't like.  If you
change the view in any way, you lose the ability to Undo, even though
your grace period hasn't timed out yet.

Andy