Google-Gadgets-API@googlegroups.com

[Google-Gadgets-API] Re: Google sites + gadgets... user preferences don't save? String Fri Jul 24 08:00:07 2009

On Jul 22, 8:02 pm, devon girard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've developed a gadget that uses several user preferences; works fine in
> iGoogle, yet when I embed it in a google sites page (in Apps Education
> Edition) the preferences aren't remembered...cleared on each page refresh.

My experience is the same as yours, that setprefs simply doesn't work
in Google Sites.

> it is a private page and every viewer will be signed in with their Google
> account; is there a way to get the gadget preferences to stick in this
> context?

Unless someone has a hack to share, I doubt that there is. Although
gadgets are "supported" in Sites, there's no documentation
specifically for them, and I don't think there's much interest in it -
from developers, users, or Google itself.

String