Minolta@yahoogroups.com

[Minolta] Mirror Slap frank israel Mon Apr 09 13:00:09 2012

For grins, I purchased a Minolta Maxxum 9000 off ebay last week.  It was sold
as is and "not working, for parts only " the item description went on to say
the seller didn't know if the camera worked or not as they were not camera
people and had no way to power it up, blah, blah, blah.  I shelled out all of
$11.50 (including shipping) to find out.  Everything seems to work, it starts
up, it meters, it focuses the lens, and when I release the shutter the mirror
slaps back down like nobody's business!  BAM!  I am just doing this for fun,
but any ideas?  I have a Minolta 5000, from the same generation of slrs, and
7000i from the next, and by comparison the mirror "slap" of those two cameras
seems like the precision of work of a Swiss made watch.