NikonD100_D200@yahoogroups.com

RE: [Nikon D100 D200] feedback on bluestripephoto.com ? Ben Sun Sep 24 15:50:27 2006

In the early eighties I worked for one day at a NYC camera store.

In those days to get come-ins and phone sales (they would be advertised in
the Photo magazines), they would actually advertise the ‘Price” for about $5
below costs. Of course the camera was stripped of case, etc. It was
understood the camera would not be sold w/o the camera case. Then the
batteries, film, filters (what you don’t want a UV filter to protect your
lens?) and other accessories would be highly suggested. No way the camera
would be sold at the advertised price.

It was an eye opener.

Ben

=
On Sep 19, 2006, at 5:27 PM, Fiorenzo Cattaneo wrote:
> i placed an order w/ bluestripephoto.-com for a D200 (1,448$
> including 4-6 days groound shippping). they say it's w/ USA
> warranty and brand new.
>
> bizrate gives them very high marks, so that's why i selected them.
>
> my order was placed on 9/15 (friday). yesterday (9/18) i got called
> because i gave a shipping address different from the billing
> address and they started to ask all kind of questions -- so i just
> told them to forget about it, just ship it to the billing address.
> the guy seemed very nice, however he did try to sell me a 5yr
> extended warranty as well as a bunch of accessories (which i
> declined).
> today (9/19) my order is still in "processing" state.

Some of these stores make all their profits by selling the
accessories. Since you didn't buy any, you may never see the camera.

Also, I would suggest checking with Nikon to see if they are an
authorized dealer. If they aren't, there may not be a warranty
whether or not it's a USA model.

Oh and stores have been known to lie about USA/Grey market status of
items.

-----Morgan

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: