Nikon_D-SLR@yahoogroups.com

Re: [Nikon_D-SLR] D800 and DX Lenses Sheila Kinney Sun Feb 19 18:00:15 2012

Kelly and Roy,
Thanks for your reply to my D800 and the Tamron lens question.  Below is a list
of my good glass.  Is my Nikon glass good enough for the D800? Kelly, you were
a big help to me when we decided to purchase our 70-200.  You said we would
never be sorry and we haven't been!  Now I am hoping the 17-55 is not a DX only
lens so that I can't shoot the full 36MP.  Do you know? Thanks ever so much for
your help! As always this group is wonderful!

Nikkor AF-S 70-200/2.8 ED RV II, Nikkor AF-S VR
MICRO 105/2.8 IF-ED , Nikon 17-55MM F/2.8 G-APS ED-IF DX , and a  Nikon
TC-20EIII 2X Teleconverter
Sheila

________________________________
 From: 4 Nikonkelly.com <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Nikon_D-SLR] D800 and DX Lenses

yes Sheila, your lenses will fit on the D800.  That said, when the D200
debuted, there were a number of people who were using lenses that were of
fair quality... certainly good enough on their previous camera, who were now
getting sub par results... The higher the image quality of a camera, the
more lens quality that it takes to maintain that image quality.  Nikon has
said, that if you are using good quality glass that this will not be an
issue... so How good is the glass in your tamron lenses?  since I dont have
either of them, I could not begin to say... but I raise the question... and
I raise it for several of the nikon midrange lenses as well.  if they are
good quality glass then they will be great on the D800 as well, but if not,
then you will be very disapointed with them on the D800.
Kelly Todd
Http://www.nikonkelly.com