Nikon_D-SLR@yahoogroups.com

Re: Re[2]: [Nikon_D-SLR] D800 and DX Lenses/P.S. Sheila Kinney Sun Feb 19 18:00:32 2012

I think you are right, Jim, but was wanting a lens like it for the FX body.
That 17-55 / 2.8 lens is my 'go to' lens. I absolutely love it and want one for
the FX at full MPs.
Sheila

________________________________
 From: Jim Bartee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:49 PM
Subject: Re[2]: [Nikon_D-SLR] D800 and DX Lenses/P.S.

Sheila,
I think it will work but will be at a lower resolution than an FX lens.
-jim
www.jimbphotos.com

------ Original Message ------
From: "Sheila Kinney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 2/19/2012 7:29:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Nikon_D-SLR] D800 and DX Lenses/P.S.
>If my 17-55 won't work on the FX body, is there a comparable Nikon lens that
>Kelly and Roy,
>Thanks for your reply to my D800 and the Tamron lens question.  Below is a
>list of my good glass.  Is my Nikon glass good enough for the D800? Kelly, you
>were a big help to me when we decided to purchase our 70-200.  You said we
>would never be sorry and we haven't been!  Now I am hoping the 17-55 is not a
>DX only lens so that I can't shoot the full 36MP.  Do you know? Thanks ever so
>much for your help! As always this group is wonderful!
>Nikkor AF-S 70-200/2.8 ED RV II, Nikkor AF-S VR
>MICRO 105/2.8 IF-ED , Nikon 17-55MM F/2.8 G-APS ED-IF DX , and a  Nikon
>TC-20EIII 2X Teleconverter
>Sheila
>________________________________
>From: 4 Nikonkelly.com <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:06 PM
>Subject: Re: [Nikon_D-SLR] D800 and DX Lenses
>yes Sheila, your lenses will fit on the D800.  That said, when the D200
>debuted, there were a number of people who were using lenses that were of
>fair quality... certainly good enough on their previous camera, who were now
>getting sub par results... The higher the image quality of a camera, the
>more lens quality that it takes to maintain that image quality.  Nikon has
>said, that if you are using good quality glass that this will not be an
>issue... so How good is the glass in your tamron lenses?  since I dont have
>either of them, I could not begin to say... but I raise the question... and
>I raise it for several of the nikon midrange lenses as well.  if they are
>good quality glass then they will be great on the D800 as well, but if not,
>then you will be very disapointed with them on the D800.
>Kelly Todd
>Http://www.nikonkelly.com <http://www.nikonkelly.com>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Sheila Kinney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:05 PM
>Subject: [Nikon_D-SLR] D800 and DX Lenses
>I have read that the new D800 can use DX lenses, too. I was wondering if it
>would us my two Tamron lenses? I have a 18-270 / 3.5-6.3 and a 28-75 /
>2.8.Can anyone tell me if they would work on the new D800?
>Sheila
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]