Professional-PHP@googlegroups.com

[Pro. PHP Dev.] Webservice? Jeff Fri Feb 03 11:19:41 2012

It's been far too quiet around here ... so I'll stir up the sleeping
giant.

I'm working on a new site that has data which may be 'tapped' by a php
script on another apache server, asp on one of those servers, or maybe
even by an applet running on a desktop machine.

For the request, I don't see any difference as they can all simple
make the request to http://domain.com/webservice/something.php?id=12345

No problem so far.

I want to return the results of a db query which will be an
associative array.  IS an XML stream the most versatile & efficient
response?  I can't think of another way to respond that would be
efficiently interpreted on the client end.

Thanks for whatever good guidance you provide!

Jeff R.

--
This group is managed and maintained by the development staff at 360 PSG. An
enterprise application development company utilizing open-source technologies

For information or project assistance please visit :
http://www.360psg.com