Professional-PHP@googlegroups.com

[Pro. PHP Dev.] Security: Includes / Classes / Configs? nickW+ Fri Feb 03 23:00:11 2012

Hello All,

So I have a question, which i'm sure you guys can answer.

I was taught that having your includes in /home/user/includes/ was
best practice for security reasons, however the most popular apps on
the market come with the includes folder inside the install directory
itself /home/user/public_html/includes/.

Which way is the best?

Which way is the most secure?

Which way is the most efficient?

--
This group is managed and maintained by the development staff at 360 PSG. An
enterprise application development company utilizing open-source technologies

For information or project assistance please visit :
http://www.360psg.com