RedDot-CMS-Users@googlegroups.com

Re: How to create a zip file using RedDot CMS Jian Huang Wed Feb 22 08:00:59 2012

Hi,

I am going to expand on more details, but I think RedDotExpert's
suggestion may still be valid regarding getting extra assistance

Percentage wise, how many pages of the website needs this
functionality?

More than 90%?  Then I would create a PDF project variant in the
project.  Link in the custom button would have the following code

a>

zip.aspx would be the custom server side solution that zips file
provided via filepath param, return file, and kick off a CRON job to
delete file 15 minutes later for better clean up.

Less than 90%?  Then I would not add any extra project variant, simply
use the following code:

a>

pdfzip.aspx would be the custom server side solution that PDFs the
page according to path provided via filepath param, zip, return file,
and kick off a CRON job to delete file 15 minutes later for better
clean up.

PDFCreator has excellent sample code regarding programmatic approach
to converting files to PDF.

7Zip offers programmatic/commandline API for zipping files.
Alternatively, I think windows server natively support zipping file
via commandline too.

If you think this functionality should be made an out of box
functionality?  Please post in http://www.solutionexchange.info/ideas.htm.
If you want more wish for more interaction regarding functionality of
the product, post in http://www.solutionexchange.info/forum.htm.  You
can also submit a feature request ticket to OpenText.