SEO1@googlegroups.com

Re: Redirect From Old Ecommerce Site To New Ecommerce Site Daniel Thu Mar 29 09:01:11 2012

http://www.seomoz.org/learn-seo/redirection

I redirect for an honest reason is not a bad thing. Matt Cuts knows more
than anyone about Google and SEO. He has covered 301 when they are right
and wrong. 301 redirects are used for many reasons. Good ones are fixing
caps issues and adding WWW or removing it. They also help for adding
trailing slashes.

They are there for a reason. If you need to move a site and to get people
to the correct page.

People who think they are experts used to use then to avoid losing page
rank so Google takes off a small percentage when you do it.

Doing nothing is stupid and getting fake linkbacks is worse. Be honest and
write good content. Consider building your own site so you control every
aspect.

If you are still having issues Google will likely be looking at you in a
negative light because they are being set every where.

If page A matches page B and you do a 301 from A to B why would Google hate
you? If your page B is nit even close Google is going to think you are
tricking people and are going to knock you down.

You need to take care to redirect everypage to the correct new page. Or
make sure that you are using the same URL as you were before.

This backlinking is good after. But you need to get your site straight
first. If you don't let Google know you moved the page then you will lose
everything and if you move it with a 301 and the referring page is not
similar to the new page Google is going to wounded why you did it.