Supertraining@yahoogroups.com

[Supertraining] Re: Technique Training djtrigger2002 Tue Nov 28 18:02:15 2006

Patrice,
As I see it, you probably are well versed in Loren Seagraves school
of thought.  It's interesting, I showed Loren Peter Weyand's
research some time ago and we actually talked about it on the way to
the airport one day.  He hadn't heard of the research and like
everyone else wanted to know "ok if this is true, what do we do with
it????"

Loren will tell you he actually took the B-skip out of his own
program because he says that stuff really doesn't happen at top
speed.  (I'm not quoting him here but something very close to that
statement was said) He also added that a lot has changed since the
Speed Dynamics days!  This was a breath of fresh air to hear!  The
problem that I have is that people cling to older coaching research
because the newer research doesn't lay it all out for you.  Well, it
is from my own practical research, countless hours at the track,
talks with Barry, talks with Ken, talks with Peter Weyand and others
in the field that has led me to my own philosophy on how to improve
top speed.  Wasn't that Loren's premise in the first place?? He
created something from science that he thought was correct??   It's
our job as coaches to make this research come to life.  Why now with this newer
research are people hesitant to create their own interpretations?  Mel would
say when we use to talk..... Marry the science and the coaching and then you'll
get what you are looking
for!

The system we use works for us based on the research available.  We
do little in the way of coaching technique.  These flaws are fixed
from the inside out; not the outside in.  Even then, everyone runs
completely different.  Where is this universal text everyone is
looking at??  Did Michael Johnson receive this text?  Let's look at
the research that Peter has provided, use some creativity like the
great coaches of the past, and forge ahead.  If the research changes
again…….we can change too.  It's not that bad is it?

Dan Fichter
www.wannagetfast.com
Rochester NY

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Patrice Wilson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've read many of these posts and listened to many of the
arguments about