SurroundSound@googlegroups.com

RE: [SurroundSound] Re: Proposal: Upmix to 4.0 as well as 5.1 Lokkerman Fri Dec 17 15:00:27 2010

Guys

Let's please draw a line under this one. It doesn't matter surround has
moved on from quad.

Whilst on let us note that the SBU have made and still do make so great
contributions. The key is that they create surround and good quality
surround, Mugs, River, Keyser and all the others I haven't mentioned should
be our heroes - thank them for doing what the record companies don't think
of doing as for record companies the ROI is not great enough.

Happy Christmas  and Thanks

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Alejandro Valdez
Sent: 17 December 2010 21:07
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SurroundSound] Re: Proposal: Upmix to 4.0 as well as 5.1

I second Mr. Mugs :-)

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 4:37 PM, mugs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This topic or similar topics just keep coming up. I dont understand
why people dont want OTHERS to listen to something they like. Lets
face it if you dont want to listen to upmixs in 5.1 then dont. End  of
story!! But dont rain on my parade. I get the whole quad thing you
know? I like quad I like upmixs i like 5.1 surround and i like center
and even subwoofers. If you dont like them then thats cool too. Dont
use them. Is quad better than surround? depends on who you ask.