SurroundSound@googlegroups.com

Re: [SurroundSound] Re: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Damn The Torpedoes" Deluxe Edition on Blu-ray Paul Garfunkel Wed Dec 22 20:00:13 2010

While I am not an sacd fan, it is far from dead. The major audiophile labels
are sold on it as are the high end player manufacturers. Mofi & chesky are
fully invested in it. As far as surround fans the jury is still out. Rhino
is doing dvd and rlthey were early to the dvd-a game. The truth is not too
much is coming out on any one format to call a winner and bluray is still
having trouble getting market share (remember beta and laserdisc).

I am still pulling for dvd-a and after love was released there were talks of
album releases in dvd-a by Giles Martin.
On Dec 22, 2010 2:33 AM, "Stephen Disney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes but SACD and DVD-A are dead. Its much easier to release on Blu now, as
> they assume that is where the audiophiles will migrate. Flac download is a
> viable option, but do ya really think it will be utilized? I'm all for
> fair use and transcoding... just think we really need to support good
> releases.
>
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Lokkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> there is another point - there are three available formats that already
>> exist and most users could support - SACD, DVD-A and flac download -
>> therefore why release on a format never, ever designed for audio on its
own;
>> BD's first design was fir HD Video and surround sound but not audio.

just

Someone