SurroundSound@googlegroups.com

Re: [SurroundSound] Re: Can you tell the difference and find the original? Steven Sullivan Fri Feb 03 21:05:03 2012

Actually just using 2.0 tracks instead of 5.1 would probably have made the
test more sensitive.  As Floyd Toole notes in his book, surround itself is
more forgiving, masking in a number of audio flaws.