SurroundSound@googlegroups.com

Re: [SurroundSound] Re: Oppo ISO Support Now Removed with New Firmware! August Bleed Mon Feb 13 14:01:11 2012

At the time I contacted them before there was even a hint of all this their
support seemed to indicate it was something they were interested in,
something they knew customers were interested in, and slyly suggested I
might see it someday.  That was then of course.  I was hoping to at least
add the codec support over hdmi at the least.   That would be about the
only reason I would have at this point to ever update the firmware.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM, scolumbo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was hoping SACD ISO playback would be added by Oppo, but obviously
> that won't happen now.  Some can stream SACD ISOs to their Oppo using
> Foobar. I haven't been able to accomplish that yet without stuttering
> and pauses. I have to convert to flacs for playback, but I still think
> playing the disc is preferable for direct DSD to analog. SACDs are the
> only discs I still play, except for some BD movies that haven't been
> ripped yet.
>
> On Feb 13, 4:03 pm, ArnoldLayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes Tab, with previous (december) firmware we play (via USB and eSATA)
> > BD, DVD-A and DVD-V ISO with menu support and full audio and video
> > resolutions. Only SACD-R is a no-go, the DSD content is not
> > recognised.
> >
> > On 13 feb, 20:24, Tab Cursor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > > I still have a question on the OPPO....
> >
> > > Are we listening to DVD-A ISOs, or Bluray Audio ISOs, or SACD ISOs, or
> > > what? And this includes full 5.1 or 7.1 surroundsound playback in a hi-
> > > res format, i.e., 24-48?

> > > - Mostrar texto de la cita -

August
Bleed, Inc.
Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To a Leash And Walking It Like a Dog