SurroundSound@googlegroups.com

RE: [SurroundSound] Re: foobar and SACD-Rs Noreltny-gmail Sat Feb 18 14:00:31 2012

The exaSound also uses the ESS Sabre ES9018 DAC.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of ArnoldLayne
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:51 PM
To: SurroundSound
Subject: [SurroundSound] Re: foobar and SACD-Rs

Many DSD capable receivers and players give you the options ot decode to PCM
or not before converting to analog. One prerequisite is that it has a DAC
that handle DSD. Both the Burr Brown 1796 in my receiver and
ES9018 Sabre in my Oppo player are in this cathegory. So far I've found the
BB 1796 less inferior for SACD than for PCM sources.

On 18 feb, 20:11, "Noreltny-gmail" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Aren't most of the DSD capable receivers actually converting the DSD
> to PCM on the fly? Isn't that what the Oppos do?
>
> I think you might be able to get DSD playback from a multichannel USB
> DAC, like the exaSound (http://www.exasound.com/), but it also costs
> more than your AVR.

i'd obviously rather be listening in 5 channels.