Suzuki_Burgman@yahoogroups.com

Re: Re: [Suzuki_Burgman] mpg Richard Mon Feb 25 18:01:05 2008

Bruce,

Even with the commute you mention you should be getting better than that. I
suspect your bike is a long way from being broken in yet. It takes between
5000 and 15,000 km to break a 650 in depending on the type of riding. It you
thrash it, ride it like you stole it, it will break in in the lower distance
but if you are very easy on it, it can take a long time to break in and gas
mileage will improve as you near the broken in point.

On commutes around town here in a Canadian winter (speeds 50 to 70 kph) I
get about 6.0 L/100 km or 39 mpg US. Summer around town I average between 5
and 5.5 L/100 km or 42.8 mpg US at the same speeds.

On the highway at 120 kph or 75 mph I get 4.2 L/100 km or 56 mpg US assuming
no head wind.

There are two numbers people should record for future use. 282.481 and 235
209. If you divide the first by L/100 km you will get mpg Imperial or divide
it by mpg Imperial and you will get L/100 km. The second number is exactly
the same except it converts to and from those little US gallons.

Richard Dinning
Organizer of the Southern Ontario Maxi-Scooter Meet
www.lorald.ca
Blue 2005 Burgman 650 Exec.
Blue 2004 Burgman 650
Yellow 2005 Honda Big Ruckus