Suzuki_Burgman@yahoogroups.com

[Suzuki_Burgman] Re: Center Stand Failure gary smith Wed Feb 01 01:05:52 2012

I don't have a center stand to sell you.  In fact, I sold my '07 Exec. last
summer due to other priorities at the time.

A LOT has been written about failures of the center stands on "older" Burgies
like yours.  Just check the Burgmanusa forum.  In some cases, the bad stands
resulted in a bike falling over and getting damaged.  Suzuki was apparently
aware of these issues because they updated the stands a couple of years ago to
make them stronger.  Personally, I avoided using the center stand for the most
part because I found it a pain to use.  When I did use it I finally resorted to
using a small piece of 1" x 6" scrap cedar lumber (the kind fences are made out
of).  I would simply lay the board right in front of the rear tire then drive
up onto it so that the rear tire was sitting on the board.  That made it WAY
easier to get the bike off and on the center stand when I did need to use it.

BTW, if you don't find a center stand on one of the bikes mentioned that are
being parted out just post a request for one in the classified section of
Burgmanusa and see what happens.  Personally, I don't think I'd trust an
"older" stand, though.  Some guys welded reinforcing pieces to the OEM stands
to prevent them from braking.  For a great bike the center stands are sub-par.

Gary