Suzuki_Burgman@yahoogroups.com

Re: [Suzuki_Burgman] Re: Tip over protection RICHARD KNOUSE Fri Feb 03 10:06:08 2012

I think all of us have pulled something bonehead that seemed a good idea at the
time. I was always taught to think ahead when operating anything, but that
does't mean I always think of everything that could happen. Just like the berm
giving way, under my foot. You can bet I always think of that now when I come
to a stop and keep my feet on the pavement. When my wife told my niece and her
man I laid down our bike their first question was how fast were we going. It
was embarrassing to admit we were sitting still. But their story of riding with
a group and stopping for gas, when one of the riders simply forgot to put his
feet down when he stopped, made me feel a lot better. If I ever forget that,
not only would my wife not get on with me, but she'd hide the keys till the
bike was sold! I've learned a lot over the years, and a lot from the people on
this site. Even when I don't agree I still look at things differently from
hearing what they have to share!
  Trailblazer

________________________________
 From: gary smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:22 PM
Subject: [Suzuki_Burgman] Re: Tip over protection

My two cents:  I bought my 07' Exec. from a couple when the wife laid the bike
over while learning how to ride it.  She felt it was too heavy for her.  I
don't know how fast she was moving at the time, but the only evidence of the
lay over was a slight scrape where the plastic meets the floor board on the
right side of the bike and a little scuff on the muffler shield.  That's it.
As others have said, the bike tends to want to rest on the plastic under the
floorboards, so no serious damage is done.  That said, if you have it on the
kick stand and the stand isn't down right, the bike would probably keep going
over to the side and do more damage.  Same would go for anything more than a
fairly gentle drop.  Personally, I never dropped my bike or had any issues
keeping it upright.  The closest I ever came to dropping it was when I first
got it, pulled into my driveway, and used the front brake to stop.  Wrong!  The
front wheel was turned a little to the
 left and I found out very quickly that using the front brake alone will tend
to make the bike want to go down in the direction you're turning VERY quickly.
I learned then and there ALWAYS to use the rear brake in slow speed maneuvering!