Suzuki_Burgman@yahoogroups.com

Re: [Suzuki_Burgman] Re: Tip over protection So Cal Burgie Fri Feb 03 10:09:58 2012

"Another potential hazard is parking in a slot that is just a bit down slope
with a barrier at the front so you have to back out. Loose gravel on hard
surface can spell disaster as you try to back out. "

Made the same mistake.  Got off the bike and pushed the bike out - learned my
lesson, have not happened since.

Phil

________________________________
 From: Stan Snapp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:52 AM
Subject: [Suzuki_Burgman] Re: Tip over protection

Like the potential here for good discussion on one of everyone's fears list. I
live in the very wet N. W.   U. S. and all it takes is a bit of moss on top of
the pavement or loose sand or pea gravel on top of a hard surface and trouble
awaits.
I also think that most often bikes are dumped by newbies. I've managed to deal
with the moss and gravel but parked on a hard surface at an overlook and didn't
set the hand brake and didn't realize the bike was on a very slight down hill
grade. I was twenty feet away when the bike, a 400, moved forward on the side
stand and toppled over. A few scratches and a bent hand brake lever were the
result.
Another potential hazard is parking in a slot that is just a bit down slope
with a barrier at the front so you have to back out. Loose gravel on hard
surface can spell disaster as you try to back out.  This probably will only
happen to you once.

Stan Snapp
2007 Suzuki Burgman
400 K-7
Bellingham, Washington U.S.
  7Jurock shield, Bestem trunk, Martin auxiliary lights, Ad More LED tail
lights, Dr. Pulley Sliders