The-Freshwater-Aquarium@googlegroups.com

Re: [TFA] Re: discus and a heavily planted CO2 tank -- worth the trouble? pH7, Aquarium Ninja Tue Jan 31 23:01:11 2012

Going to address some of your points below:

I'll be doing a lot of work to find hardy ones before I "pounce".

Discus eat tank mates rarely if ever because they are supposed to be the slower
fish you put in your tank, and because you must keep them well fed anyway.  If
they are eating tank mates, "you're doing it wrong"

Going to keep the RO unit on standby, and I will probably not use it unless I
want to start raising discus or keeping wild caught ones.  I have a very nice
TMC unit that will do 100 gal per day for which I created a 55gal reserve.
Based on my research, I won't need it.  My water isn't that hard anyway.

CO2 will run at about 17 ppm, once I get to that point, and based on everything
else I've said here and in my previous post, I don't expect that to happen for
at least 6 months before I add plants and CO2.

I don't really want an automatic water change system, and you're [EMAIL
PROTECTED] right that I'm going to be looking at a lot of $$ in water changes.

~pH7, Aquarium Ninja

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad