The-Freshwater-Aquarium@googlegroups.com

Re: [TFA] Re: White growth on ram pH7, Aquarium Ninja Fri Feb 03 12:12:01 2012

Yes,

I was told that you can give a potassium permanganate bath. I was also told
that you can use methylene blue baths as well. I'm more familiar with methylin
blue as a bath, as opposed to my unfamiliarity with potassium permanganate.
Methylene blue has other benefits, but is harmful to plants. Obviously, I still
have a bit to learn here.

~pH7, Aquarium Ninja

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse any typos or mistakes

NetMax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Gotta have a dream (at least one!). I hope you like biology, and
especially chemistry. You don't seem to have any reservations when it
comes to applying yourself, so you could be great. Not certain what
career it would lead to though. There's not much profit/demand for vet
ichthyologists, so that leaves commercial/industrial fish-farming, and
nothing ruins a hobby like going commercial.

I've heard of using PP to sanitize new plants. Not heard it used with
fish. When it comes to chemistry, Altum has forgotten more than I've
ever learned (by a factor of ten!), so you might get good advice soon.

cheers
NetMax