The-Freshwater-Aquarium@googlegroups.com

[TFA] Re: White growth on ram Altum Fri Feb 03 21:08:38 2012

Yes, that's why I suggested two flavobacterium cures in my very first
post in your first thread.  I pretty much knew what was happening.
Either Jungle Fungus Eliminator or Jungle Fungus Clear Tank Buddies
have very good antibiotics for flavobacterium, a nitrofurizone/
furazolidone mix.

I hate to say this, but if you have an aggresive strain it may wipe
out quite a few of your fish no matter what you do.  If that happens,
the permanaganate is pretty good at reducing bacterial populations in
the water and on the substrate and keeping uninfected fish safe. Don't
mix a strong oxidizer like permanganate with other meds becaue it may
inactivate them.  You can sometimes use permanganate by itself for
flavobacterium, and acriflavine+salt is another traditional
treatment.  Personally I think you have a better bet with Fungus
Eliminator.

Good luck!

--Altum