The-Freshwater-Aquarium@googlegroups.com

[TFA] Re: Mini-review, aerobic bacteria NetMax Sun Feb 12 21:00:32 2012

Very interesting. ... ammonia-oxidizing archaea (AOA)
<snip>This study has identified that AOA are the dominant ammonia
oxidizing microorganisms in freshwater aquarium biofilters.<snip>

Have to make time to read this carefully.  Sounds like bacteria (AOB)
gets replaced by AOA ?

NetMax